Saturday, June 16, 2012

the glory of education


Who I am, and what needs to be changed

Alexander Michael James Simpson-Laing
I am a male Caucasian. 29 years of age, I have a family my wife and two daughters. I have been to 4 universities and no degrees (other than equivalent of a general education) I have tried fine arts and media arts, Have not found my niche yet. I’m aspiring to be a 3D game designer and concept artist hopefully one day an art director to a gaming company.
Strengths: art of most forms, and seeing outside the box as well as the big picture, strong ethical background involving family and friends.
Weakness: I have a serious problem with procrastination and not being in control of my environment.
I have been to 4 “schools of learning” art institute of Washington. J. Sargent Rendolds Community College. The Community College of Salt Lake city, And Ivy Tech of Indiana. I am trying to obtain a degree without the use of insane logics of requiring to take certain classes for others. I have been baffled out of many a system and have been screwed by the educational board for a long time 2 of them due to my citizenship I am a native of Great Britain. I have learned a great deal in the world on getting what I need and getting what I want, if these schools have taught me anything is that money talks and screw the common man. The only way to survive is either become like them, or systematically corrupt those around you into believe you are like them. There or course is the older rules of the game such as I brown nosing or manipulating your way to the top. My preferred tactic is the latter of the two. I came to this school for two reasons. One I wanted a wholesome education with enough of knowledge to survive in the world of insanity. And two, I wanted to save a wee bit of money in the doing so.
two problems with my two requests one I have no freedom of choice in this school other than what you guys deem I need for a job that doesn’t even exist yet. And two your requirements on the same classes in which I can tell you are absurd. I find it most entertaining at my own moneys be hath that you of the board seem to have this obsession with thinking you know what is required for the future of an entertainment company when you yourselves are not in the entertainment field. Would you go to a teacher to have your teeth pulled? Or would you have a blind man pour you hot coffee? I don’t think so do me a favor and FREE UP THE CERICULEM! This insanity has got to stop and also if you have a list of classes such as a b and c then don’t have them taught like this b, c and a setting someone’s week with the list of classes all on a Tuesday and having none other classes the student can take on ANY other day is absurd I know you want your money but please at least a store clerk gives me what I want when I want a toaster I get a toaster not a bloody microwave! I suppose a different system one that acutely makes sense or is that not in the budget? When you have all your classes taught at the same time who can take the other classes? I’m not sure how you can fix this but I know if I had a plan for something that doesn’t exist yet I would teach it the same way it needs to be learned OUT OF THE BOX and not like every other math major, phycology major and diplomat, these have had their teaching systems that work but if you think that a NEW MEDIA job would require the same general education as a doctor you my dear friends of the board are sadly mistaken. In order to be the fastest moving company to produce the best brains for the entertainment industry one must behave as thou they know what they’re doing and not just draw some bloody lines together and call it “Education”. I love many of the teachers in this system all the way from Beth and Powers, Albert, Clint and properly a lot of teachers I haven’t had the pleasure yet. But honestly how can they teach us what we need to know if you the boys above refuse to let them teach us what we need? So many times I have witnessed a teacher so offend or even pissed off because of the “changes” that are made. I know changes need to be made BUT QUIT HAVING STUPID MEETINGS ABOUT WHAT THE BLOODY NAME CHANGING WHEN THE EXUCATION IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!!
when I think of a school I think of a cool inviroment low stress more plants in the building a more graceful aspect to a young learners, and maybe even an entertaining area. You cant fit all the media students in MARLA in order for them to become relaxed and also there would be the 5 feet of personal space I don’t like taking my classes almost sitting in someone else’s lap. There would be more colours then beige and grey (surprise surprise) and maybe a small café for people to enjoy one another’s company a wide area to run and socialize the ability to learn outside (thou I’m an indoor person) and the choices… yes choices let’s talk about choices I like choices I would allow the student CHOICES wow LETS REALLY BREAK THAT DOWN SHALL WE?
C. Chosen
H. Home
O. Opportunities
I. Involvement
C. Curriculums
E. Entertainment and Education
S. for all Students

As you can see by the above statement we don’t even come close to being able to break down that wording. Instead we have the opposite of this. Which is no choices we can barely choose the classes we take, it doesn’t feel like a home away from home, it doesn’t feel like we have opportunities and the curriculum is broken, I am partly entertained between all the stresses we deal with. And the education is a joke while it changes every 2 seconds to something that sucks up our money. No same student has the same life in the college environment. Or can share anything other than being serious screwed other than by the amount of money paid out to a half ass education that we get. If I wanted to throw my money into nothingness I WOULD HAVE INVESTED IN THE DAMMED STOCKMARKET!
all I want is what I pay for and since I pay a huge amount of money I want my education to be huge and I hate being treated like a 2 byte child this is college I am spending good money on a dammed good education I want what I pay for!

No comments:

Post a Comment